Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Stop creeping me out, Hillary!

Hillary Clinton: My other hot button on this day of thanks is the strangely Bush-esque qualities of the woman who's currently leading primary polls. I wrote about this months ago, and while at the time I tried not to be too harsh about it, I'm flat-out starting to worry. Since I heard Medea Benjamin from Code Pink talk about the "Clinton thugs" last year, I haven't heard any good news coming out of that camp.

Here's my problem: I smelled a rat with the Bush Administration when Cheney refused to release the information about his energy task force. (The rat was apparently named "we'll save the oil companies by bombing a country in the middle east and take their oil, and give it to the oil companies".) Free speech zones weren't far behind, and if you're not familiar, if you wanted to protest the government, you had to walk yourself into a little cage with other protesters where no one could see or hear what you had to say. We let a lot of really anti-American activities such as these occur on our watch, and I see the same kind of thuggery in Hillary. Now there's planted questions (as if she couldn't handle the crap questions that are asked in these debates anyway) and god knows what else.

We have two choices: either DEMAND that she change her tactics, or find an American candidate, one who will stand up for me to say whatever I want EVERYWHERE in this country. America is supposed to be one big giant Free Speech Zone, remember?

Quickly, because I'm late for turkey, let me say this: if you feel that getting rid of the Bush Administration is the most important goal, because our policies are better than their policies, then by all means vote for Hillary. As she constantly reminds us, she is the best fighter. If on the other hand you are more concerned with the behavior of this Administration and the trashing of the Constitution and the lying and the secrecy, you best look elsewhere. I see no evidence that her hands will be any cleaner. Personally, I can't take any more of this behavior.

No comments: